The work of constructing the tabernacle and sewing the priestly garments was completed and brought before Moses for final inspection. It was done as God had commanded so Moses blessed them.
Does God make any promises in this chapter?
- God does not speak in this chapter, but Moses speaks in God's place when he praises ("blesses") the people for completing the work exactly as God had commanded.
Are there any references to Jesus?
- Aaron, and those who would be the High Priest after him, were all types of Christ, the perfect High Priest (Hebrews chapters 6 and 7).
- The workers who manufactured the tabernacle and the priestly uniforms were a type of Christ who finished the assigned work of their God before enjoying their rest from the labor. The craftsmanship of their work spoke for itself.
Are there any references to future events?
- The engravings and signets for remembrance remind US that God will never forget His people. Never!
Does God issue any commands?
- The priestly garments are made as previously commanded by God