Does God issue any commands?
- Verse 11 - We are told to sing praises to the LORD.
Does God make any promises?
- Verse 18 - The needy shall not be forgotten forever.
Does this psalm teach anything about Jesus?
- The early part of the psalm reminds me of the triumph of the resurrected Christ. The Son praised the Father continually.
- Verse 5 reminds me of the description in Revelation of the destruction of Jesus' enemies.
- Verse 8 - Jesus shall judge the world in righteousness and minister judgment ot the people in righteousness.
- Verse 9 - Jesus will be a refuge for the oppressed in times of trouble.
- Verse 11 - The Messiah will dwell in Zion.
- Verse 13 - The Father raised the Son after He suffered death.
Does this psalm teach anything about yet-future events?
- This psalm describes the future triumph of Jesus as judge of the earth.
- This psalm also testifies of the future eternal damnation of the wicked.