Does God issue any commands in this chapter?
- God does not speak in this chapter.
Does God make any promises?
- The Queen of Sheba marveled at the promises of God to Israel being fulfilled through Solomon.
Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?
- Solomon is the picture of Christ in this passage. In Matthew 12:42 Jesus used this passage to condemn the generation that saw Him do miracles but refused to believe by saying that the queen of the south would rise up in judgment because they refused to hear the wisdom of the God-man who was greater than Solomon.
- The Queen of Sheba saw the works of Solomon and glorified God. Men are to see the works of Jesus in us and glorify our Father in Heaven.
Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?
- The Queen of Sheba's astonishment when she viewed the glory and riches of King Solomon will be nothing as compared to our astonishment when we view the glory and riches of King Jesus. "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Corinthians 2:9