Monday, November 28, 2011

To the Descendants of John and Hannah Bridges: A Petition

(Important Edit! Anyone may sign the petition!  You do not need to be a descendant.  Your help is greatly appreciated.)

It has recently come to my attention that there is an active petition that the descendants of John Bridges and Hannah Garland Bridges may sign requesting that the township provide an access drive to their graves. The cemetery containing their remains and those of several other family members is now landlocked and it is impossible to visit there without disturbing the residents who live in the closest house.


John Bridges was born in York Co., Massachusetts, now Maine, and migrated west following the Revolutionary War. It is well documented that he is the first resident of Anderson Township, Hamilton County, Ohio having arrived in 1790. The township itself is proud of its history and the name of Bridges is a prominent one in the community.

If you are a descendant or the spouse of a descendant please visit HERE and sign the petition. I did not write the petition but I did sign it. The township has agreed to accept an Internet petition but they require valid mailing addresses for each signer. There is no space provided for this information so my suggestion is to put it in the "Comment" field.

Thank you very much for your help. The last time I visited this cemetery was in 2004 on behalf of an out-of-state descendant who wanted pictures of his ancestors and it was not an easy endeavor.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)