Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Since When Are These In Such High Demand?

I was reading an article about the snow that is blanketing the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions. And, yes, I know that this is a serious situation. I'm currently smack-dab in the middle of it, so I'm aware. However, something I read struck my funny bone.

The wallop of back-to-back storms is causing certain items to disappear from grocery shelves. According to the article one of those items is Brussels sprouts.

O-o-k-a-a-y.

I happen to like Brussels sprouts. Really. But if my family is a fair representation then it is safe to say that most people do not.

I know that there were other events recently besides snowstorms that precipitated (pun intended) a raid on the stores, but since when are Brussels sprouts an hors d'oeuvre served while watching the Super Bowl?

If you have such a recipe, please share. I obviously need to find a new way to present them since what I'm doing now isn't working!

6 comments :

  1. I didn't make it to the store this week, so Philip went for me (yesterday, pre-snow). I can tell you we are pretty much going to need everything once I can finally get out of the house again. But I probably won't get Brussels Sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brussel Sprouts????? Unbelievable and totally funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make for good traction in the snow. Just throw them under the tires if your car gets stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely live WITHOUT brussels sprouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Not sure I'd trust the writer of that article. :)

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)