Saturday, February 20, 2010

If Cleanliness Is Next To Godliness...

. . . then uncleanliness is next to dogliness.




Everyone in this house has chores. Pepper thinks she should have some also.

I'm all in favor of dogs working. The black lab we had prior to this chocolate lab-rat brought our newspaper to us each morning . . . and anyone else's if they didn't get it themselves before our retriever's first morning outing.

But we don't have a newspaper delivered anymore, and Pepper just isn't the type that could be trusted to bring the newspaper inside in readable condition anyway, so the unemployed dog tries to find any work she can. Her dream job is taking the trash out. Not out to the garbage can. Just out.

6 comments :

  1. Now there's a scrapbook page waiting to happen if I ever saw one! Perfect journaling to go with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No husband was ever shot while washing dishes... wonder if that caveat covers canines??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lab mix is not nearly so helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)