Sunday, February 7, 2010

Make Me A Blessing

I like to pay attention to the words of songs as we sing them. We sang this hymn today and I made it a heart-felt prayer. It sums up how I feel about blogging, the ministry, and just being a daughter, wife, mom, Gram, cousin, in-law, and friend. I'm not perfect in any of these roles or duties, (I'm not really good at that "true every moment you live" stuff) but I hope my life counts for the Lord in some small measure.


1 Out in the highways and byways of life,
many are weary and sad; are weary and sad
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife
making the sorrowing glad.



Refrain:
Make me a blessing,
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life, out of my life
May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing,
O savior, I pray, I pray Thee, my Savior,
Make me a blessing to someone today.


2 Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;
Tell of His pow'r to forgive; His pow'r to forgive.
Others will trust Him if only you prove
true ev'ry moment you live.


Refrain


3 Give as 'twas given to you in your need;
Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed;
Unto your mission be true.



Refrain

Words by Ira B. Wilson
(Music by George S. Schuler)

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful words! Blogging can be such a wonderful blessing and testimony of His love. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hymn! Thanks for drawing it to my attention again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life counts in great measure and you are a blessing!

    I love you

    Pastor Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with pastor! You are a blessing in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting Ira Wilson's fine gospel song. And I share your aspiration to be a blessing to others today, as the Lord brings me in contact with them.

    There is an interesting story about the song on my daily hymn blog this morning. It reminds us that we can sometimes be a blessing to others without even realizing it. (The scary thing is that the opposite is also true. By a thoughtless word we can hurt and harm, even when we are unaware of the effects of our words.)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)