Saturday, February 20, 2010

Take Ten In '10, Week 8 Reading Schedule

Photobucket


Do you like this time of year? I complain a lot about the snow (we have about one foot on the ground right now and we haven't seen much of the sun or our grass for the last two weeks) but actually I like it. But like it or not, somewhere during the winter I usually reach a point called "Is It Over Yet?"

The same could be said for Bible reading. Somewhere around the middle of Leviticus the Bible-reading blahs have a tendency to set in. I confess that some days that is exactly how I feel. You, too? But don't give up! If you read with an air of sympathy toward the people in the narrative - real people like Aaron who lost two sons - and an eye toward the types of Christ found within the pages you'll find some wonderful nuggets of spiritual food to digest.

That's also why these passages are coupled with the Gospel of Mark. If you'll notice, Mark doesn't waste any time going from event to event. Mark is a man in a hurry to get things moving! Just what we need on a cold winter's day.

I pray you receive a blessing this week as you read God's Word.

Schedule for February 22-28, 2010
Monday, February 22nd
Leviticus 17-19
Mark 11

Tuesday, February 23rd
Leviticus 20-22
Mark 12, 13

Wednesday, February 24th
Leviticus 23-25
Mark 14

Thursday, February 25th
Leviticus 26, 27
Mark 15

Friday, February 26th
Numbers 1-3
Mark 16

Saturday, February 27th
Numbers 4, 5
Luke 1

Sunday, February 28th
No reading. Use the day to finish any readings that were missed this past week.

2 comments :

  1. Great reminder that these mentioned in the Biblical record are indeed "real" people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN and AMEN! I find that Leviticus is the HARDEST book for me to read! That's where I'm reading, too! Funny you should mention about them as real people. Just this morning I was thanking GOD that I was not Aaron or one of his sons who had to remember all the steps for every kind of offering!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)