Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back To Normal

Yeah, right.

My picture will probably never be next to the entry for "Normal" in the dictionary, but I was near Normal several years when driving to visit friends in Peoria, IL. (Go get an atlas and look it up.) Anyway, that's about as close as I got to Normal. And I was nowhere near it on this past trip.

What I mean to say is that now
  • There is a McDonald's nearby.
  • I'm sleeping in my own bed again.
  • I'm not living out of a suitcase anymore.
  • I'm back in the Eastern Time Zone.
  • I'm not going to be a visitor in the church I attend tomorrow.
  • And the refrigerator is empty or nearly empty because it is mine and not someone else's.

Yes, it's great to be home.

Now I'm off to switch around the laundry and make a grocery list. I've got much to do today!

6 comments :

  1. Have a great week-end and welcome home! There's no place like home; there's no place like home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home sweet home. With all the bike races that flood our summer's, I look forward to a Sunday, any Sunday, when I am home with nowhere to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I was thinking we must have left all the food at your house because our refrigerator is also empty.

    Hmmm. Guess I could have planned for your eventual return a little better than that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The refrigerator crack was no knock on Karen who did a fantastic job of keeping The Bear and his dog under supervision during our 2-week absence. I just meant that I realized today that I must start cooking once more and when I opened the refrigerator it looked like the Bear had emptied it again. Which he had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELCOME HOME!
    However, I'm sure you feel more welcome today than yesterday with the "trip aftermath" of laundry, sorting, putting away, groceries, yada yada yada!

    RELAX!!! TODAY is the day of REST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)