Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Our Way

Reuse: Those of you who know me well know what a rarity it is to get new candles for a birthday cake. Why, I've still got the Garfield-sitting-next-to-number-4 candle that we used for one of the girls' cakes! And that girl would be Karen. Who will turn 29 later this month. I reuse candles. A lot. 'Nuff said.

These were the candles that were on The Bear's birthday cake this year. They were brand-spanking new, freshly bought and everything. Nothing reused this time, but only because I wasn't sure if I had a "1" and a "5" that were usable and I didn't have time to run back to the store if I didn't - and only for that reason - not because it was my favorite child's birthday or anything like my hacked Facebook status claimed. (Thanks alot, Bear.)






Recycle: Somebody (who shall remain nameless except to say that the offending party was not The Bear this time) suggested that we especially save these two candles for a few more months because then we can rearrange them in the following way:



Reduce: I haven't figured out how to do that just yet short of cutting the candles. (Get it? Reduce them? Ha, ha!) Or say once again that I'm 29 and holding. How cute that I'll soon have a child as old as I am! :)

2 comments :

  1. It has been almost a year since the half century mark already? :) Sorry! Couldn't resist! If it helps, I passed the mark 4 1/2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, I have a harder time accepting that the Bear is 15 than I do myself turning 29. I have a suspicion next year (16 / 30) will be just as hard to believe.

    Thank goodness for right living and all those folks that still tell me "you look so young". Since lots of those tell me I look so much like you, I'm guessing you can bask in the reflected glory if you wish. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)