Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Those Little Artistic Touches



Two weeks ago I told how my oldest daughter showed an interest in finances at an early age. This week is about how our second child, Lulu, exhibited a love for remodeling when just a toddler. This is a skill that Lulu puts to good use now. When she and Dan bought their house in North Carolina four years ago he made the comment that when he awoke each afternoon (he worked nights) he never knew what color the kitchen would be. Lulu loves to paint!

Since Lulu is here in Ohio with us while Dan is away for further USAF training she has done a few painting jobs for us and my parents. We are all happy.

When Lulu was 18 months old we moved to TN. We bought a house that was in desperate need of paint so the couple who housed us during our weekend visits to town helped us paint the whole inside one weekend. As we put the final touches on the last wall we became aware of an unnatural quiet. It was unnatural because Karen was all of four years of age and Lulu was child who had been in perpetual motion since she learned to walk at the age of 9 months.

A search revealed Karen quietly playing. Lulu was found in the hallway with a box of crayons adding her own finishing touches to the newly-painted walls. Evidently she thought that Crayola colors were so much more exciting than the clean off-white we had chosen.

It seems we were not done after all. But Lulu's love of decorating has never wavered.

9 comments :

  1. That's a special memory!! Blessings on Lulu and her decorating skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, crayon pictures on the wall. I had almost forgotten! Thank you for sharing your daughter's decorating talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some children are more artistic than others...Little Lulu was just showing her talents!

    When my oldest daughter was 4 she wrote her name in cursive about 2 ft. high in crayon on the apartment wall! The other kids didn't know how to write in cursive and when I asked who did it,...I already knew, but I wanted her to tell the truth....which she didn't!

    Aren't we all like that? God just wants us to admit our sins and repent,...yet at times we don't!

    I am sure glad that He is so longsuffering and merciful!

    Thanks for your post.
    Have a great day.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you remember to take picutres??

    That is a great memory, although at the time I'm sure you weren't so happy about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES - My little girl is a "decorator" too! The crayola walls - no need to special order that paint here! Although, your Lulu turned her art work into talent - there is hope! Your post made me smile,, as I sit looking at my newly "decorated" wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun memory - does Lulu remember doing that?

    Enjoy your new paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Not the walls!!! lol I see you are from Ohio too! How wonderful to meet a fellow Ohioan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to spot the gifts given to our children - or look back and realize them later.

    I think your daugther sounds very creative and fun. :)Aren't you glad you have a painter in the family?

    Thanks for sharing.
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say that, thankfully, none of our 4 were Wall Artists, lol! However, the boys turned out to be more artistic than the girls. Michael's turned inward and his pictures are painted in computer software! Nat is still working on his outward creations that he also generates via computer in graphics design. Jessica does have a natural flare for design and color in her marketing job. And, Elisabeth's talent is in the love she has for God's animal kingdom! She makes a great Vet! Thanks for making me think about their God given talents and abilities!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)