Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Who Lives Here?

As little as just 2 months ago this house was inhabited by two adults (Pastor Dad and yours truly), one child (Bear) and one dog (Pepper). We've slowly been adding to the population.

About six weeks ago we added one adult (Lulu) and two dogs (Zelda and Onyz, both of whom belong to Lulu).

Yesterday we added three more children (Polly, Tigger, and Sweet Pea) who are staying with us while their parents backpack across Great Britain. Usually, grandparents joke about making a run for the border while they have the grandchildren with them. In our case that isn't necessary. Their parents did it instead.

Thanks to Lulu for taking care of everyone while Pastor Dad and I took a day off yesterday to attend a missions conference in a city about 2 hours away from here. We drove to it after dropping Karen and Prince Charming off at the airport and returned home about midnight. Lulu was lying on the couch looking a bit weary when we arrived. Since Lulu is the human equivalent of the Energizer Bunny I'm guessing that it was a very busy day for her. Lulu always says that when she and Dan start having children she'd like to have twins. I'm guessing that will change before this week is over.

Did I mention that the girls were up at 6 a.m?

3 comments :

  1. Hehe...I bet you guys are going to stay pretty busy this week. :)

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I may not be an energizer bunny like Lulu, but keeping up with my three does make me feel like superwoman a lot of the time. :)

    Thanks for the email messages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'll bet Lulu changes her mind about the twins, too! Jessica once said she would like to have 10 kids! That changed pretty quick after the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)