Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Need Some Uplifting News?

Yeah, I've been MIA during the last week. I've been overtaken by a severe case of the blahs. I feel like one of the tug-of-war toys that the dogs, Pepper and Zelda, fight over all the time.

And it doesn't help that today is tax day. Boo! Except of course, that we filed ours months ago. But since Pastor Dad is one of those dedicated people who helps others get their taxes filed his stress levels have been higher than normal, too. He also lives with me and my emotional turmoils. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, my mother invited me out for lunch yesterday - just us two - purely so that I could have a day off from my "normal." Thanks, Mom. And she paid. Is she great or what? SHE'S GREAT! That's what!

Mom had other things on her mind besides me (and my mental/emotional state) and the lunch menu. She was concerned about two people at her church who were in surgery even as we ate our lunch. She called me last night to tell me how it all turned out.

There is a young man, a father of several young children, at their church who desperately needed a kidney transplant. Close family members were not able to be donors for various reasons. Dialysis was the only thing keeping the man alive as he waited for a match to be made with an anonymous donor.

There is another young man at their church, a Christian brother who is in no way biologically related, who said that God laid it upon his heart to be tested. He did. And he was a perfect match.

Yesterday, young man #2 donated a kidney to young man #1. The donated kidney started functioning soon after everything was in place.

What an awesome story. And what an awesome God!

Now, don't we all feel better knowing that none of our big or petty problems are too hard for God?

2 comments :

  1. Aaaaaamen!!! That's an awesome story of agape love! Thanks for sharing it. All my aches and pains pale in comparison. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love hearing about stories like this where people have listened to the tug of God on their heart and the results that follow from their obedience! Blessing upon blessing! Yeah, makes you feel bad for being childish about your own pettiness, doesn't it? I am reminded often that there are others so much worse off when I start attending my own pity party! Thanks for the uplift!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)