Friday, April 17, 2009

A Rose By Any Other Name . . .

With my apologies to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, in my case "A rose by any other name would. . ." be just as much a stinker!

I've got a few more readers now than just a few weeks ago, and based upon some of the comments that I've been getting lately on the blog and in email (I'm looking at you, Darcy) I need to set the facts straight. Those who have been with me for awhile or know me personally already know these little tidbits. I felt it best to enlighten the rest of you before our relationship goes any further. (Goodness, why do I feel like I'm confessing something horrible to those I love?)

  1. Child #1 really is named "Karen."
  2. Children #2, #3, and #4 are not named "Lulu, Princess, and Bear." Aw, don't cry.
  3. The grandchildren are not really named "Polly, Tigger, and Sweet Pea" either. Nope, not even Polly.
  4. Pastor Dad's name is not really "Pastor Dad" although very descriptive and appropriate.
  5. But what I really needed to tell you is that my real name is not KARABETH.
I can hear the big collective gasp of those who are saying, "Oh, but I just love that name." Yeah, well, me too. It just doesn't happen to be the one assigned to my person anywhere except in the blog world.

I hope that you love me and not just my blog name because "parting is such sweet sorrow." Sigh.

6 comments :

  1. And almost child #5 or adopted grandchild #4 (or whatever I would be if we were related) is really named Kelly. She also has a blog (with less readers than this one.)

    Just thought I'd introduced myself too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is my blog nickname?! I thought Kelly was supposed to be finding me one. I just feel so left out. ;)

    I've written fan fiction under another name but I don't think I'd like everyone to be able to find that stuff on the inter-webs (even though it was quite well written, if I do say so).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, Kel? I have a child younger than you so I think you could be child #5 if you really wanna be. Besides, I already have a 4th grandchild-to-be. Let's not forget little Beanie Baby.

    And thanks for watching your "sister" Lulu for me this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess - I showed my blog and also your blog to my daughter-in-law's parents who live in Ohio and visited with us. You just never know - thought maybe she even attended your church lol - but, alas, she didn't know you and your identity has not been compromised, LOL!!!!

    Bless you!
    Hugs,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I read into your first line of this post that you do NOT like roses?! Well, good for you! Neither do I! How something so beautiful can smell like that, I will never understand! Someone gave me some "Roses" perfume from Avon many, many, many years ago! Gag me!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)