Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Manatees Were Calling

Tigger just loves manatees. You do remember that story, right? And you do remember that Polly, Tigger, and Sweet Pea are staying with us while their parents are in Europe, correct? I know that some folks (including their parents) have been waiting for posts about the girls so without further ado I will show a few pictures of our day at the zoo.

We started out our visit by riding the carousel. Tigger was able to ride the manatee. Grandad was available in case "someone" got scared. (She didn't.):





We didn't make Tigger wait too long before we went to the Manatee Springs to see the live ones. Polly and Tigger were mesmerized:





One of the manatees showing off for Tigger:





The kiddos: the Bear, Polly, and Tigger, lying in "the bubble" where the manatees will swim overhead when they're in the mood:





Have no fear, we made sure Tigger didn't sneak any baby manatees out in Sweet Pea's stroller. :)

2 comments :

  1. I had a real "I wanna go home" moment(s) earlier today. Small hiccuping sobs and eye moisture may have been involved.

    Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the animals were more active at the Cinti zoo than our NC one! We took Liz and the kids when they were here last week.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)