Friday, February 20, 2009

Getting Ready For Road Trip # ??

This trip is a biggie. And I've lost track of how many Road Trips I've enumerated so far therefore the question mark must do. There have been several of them and many more that I didn't write about. So many in fact that I'm starting to feel like Dorothy Lamour to the Bear's and Pastor Dad's Bob Hope and Bing Crosby except next week Bing won't be going with us. Bob and I, er, Bear and I will be striking out on our own.

We're heading to Dayton, TN where our basketball teams will be competing in the NACA tournament. Returning to the state of his nativity to worship at the altar of his favorite team sport has become an annual pilgrimage for the Bear. I'm kidding! At least about the worship part. The "C" stands for "Christian" and this event is as much a revival meeting as it is a sporting event. The rest of my statement is on the mark though. And this year I get to tag along whether the Bear wants me to go or not. Perhaps especially because the Bear isn't real keen on me tagging along. Hmm.

The games will be live-streamed on the Internet. I'm guessing that's just for the varsity games, which the Bear won't be playing, but if you are interested in where we are and what we're doing you might want to check it out. Or if you just get to the point where you really, really miss me you can take a peak in real time at what this Hillbilly is seeing at that exact moment.

I'm not sure if I'll be blogging during my absence. It depends. Rumor has it that a laptop is in my future. If so, then it will all depend upon what's available in WiFi and whether or not I have the time or energy to mess with figuring it all out. I suspect I'll be pretty tired after long days of basketball and I won't even be one of the players. And I'm still fooling with that cell phone that I got when I "traded up" a couple of weeks ago. That stupid thing has a mind of its own and I'm about to go back to the Stone Age one I had before. If a phone can confound me one can only imagine what will happen when I get my hands on a new computer.

In other news, yes, I am aware that this marks my 99th post, meaning that I need to do something special to mark my [Drum roll] 100th post. I've noticed that lists seem to be popular to mark such an event. Um, has anyone noticed that I've spent a lot of time in the past week making lists? Somehow, the thought just doesn't appeal to me right now. And is there really anything that you don't already know about me? Besides my real name, I mean, and most of my readers know that, too. You know that I lose my temper sometimes and I feed squirrels when I'm trying to feed birds - those two facts are often related - and that I have participated in memes of the list-making variety such as the one here and here and even here. Those don't even cover the personality quizzes I took which should just seal the deal right here and now. See how well you know me? Why do I need to make more lists?

If you've got some suggestions about what you'd like me to do to mark this momentous occasion (okay, momentous to me) drop me a comment. Perhaps some of the lurkers can take this opportunity to tell me what you're thinking. I see where you come from, I just don't know who you are. And "Anonymous" is fine for commenting. I don't use my real name and it won't offend me if you don't use yours. Just comment. It really would encourage me. I tease about talking to myself by blogging. I don't want to do it in reality.

Act quickly! I need to get that 100th post up before I hit the road just so it doesn't mistakenly end up being about basketball! Although, I can't think of any topic more appropriate to commemorate how we've spent the last few months together.

You want to know why I call this trip a biggie? It marks the end of the basketball season for another school year. =D>

5 comments :

  1. Spend $100 on yourself this week-end because you're celebrating 100 posts!You deserve it! Or give $100 to your favorite charity! Or anonymously give someone a $20.00 Starbucks card! Have a fun and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're already on you 100th post!? I'm only on 70 or something like that. I guess the dogs just need to start doing more interesting things so I can blog about it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a list. 100 Things.

    The blog police have spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the list suggestion. They're fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite to mark such a thing is...a give away!!!!! :D :D :D :D

    ~Britt

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)