Friday, February 6, 2009

Gushing About This Deal

I have become a frequent visitor to blogs that show me where the coupons are to save grocery money. I've always been a coupon-clippin' gal, but several moms have blogs that point out coupons on the web and tell where to spend them to get free - or nearly free - grocery items. Today I am going to do the same thing. I have no intention of taking over their territory, so don't anyone roll their eyes, but it won't hurt if I chime in occasionally with a deal I've found.

Kroger is having Daytona Days in our area and if you purchase 10 participating items you will automatically receive $3 off of your grocery total. This equates to a $0.30 savings on each item. One of the participating brands is Betty Crocker fruit snacks (Gushers, Fruit by the Foot, etc.). I had coupons found from previous Sunday papers and from websites like Coupons.com to make the savings even sweeter.

First, the fruit snacks are priced at $1.79 a box.

Second, the automatic discount of $0.30 is taken off at the checkout to reduce the price to $1.49.

Third, if you have any coupons - which I did - you should get at least another $0.50 off each box to bring the price down to $0.99.

Fourth, and here's the step I didn't realize until the cashier handed me the printout coupons with my receipt, is that if you purchase 4 boxes you will automatically get a coupon worth $2.50 off your next grocery trip. If you purchase 5 boxes your voucher is for $3.50. $3.50 over the cost of the 5 boxes essentially equals $0.70 more off the price of each box you just bought making your final total per box: $0.29! I don't know if it would print the coupon twice if 10 boxes were bought. Probably not. I didn't have enough coupons to make all 10 of my items fruit snacks so I have no way of knowing.

What kind of woman wants to buy 5 boxes or more of Betty Crocker fruit snacks? If you need to ask you must not be a regular reader.

2 comments :

  1. OH!- I love fruit snacks, but sadly I do not have a Kroger. Blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm thinking that since you are going to be here in about a month I'd better stock up! That means finding a better hiding spot from the Bear than the one I have now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)