Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 29 Words of Wisdom

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

We've all been told that we only get one chance to make a good first impression, but I suggest allowing others the chance to have a second or third one.

Think of the friends you might make if only you'd get past that first impression! It doesn't always work out that way, though, because some people are jerks no matter how many chances they get! But others are not and experience some of the same social ineptitude that we do. They get nervous, or talkative, or jittery and would probably like to have the opportunity to start again. Oh, how many times I've wished that someone had just given me a "do over!" And sometimes they have.

Conversely, sometimes a person can make a very good first impression and they later prove to be "a one trick pony." They know how to put on a good show if it ends quickly enough.

Bottom line? It takes more than a first impression to know whether someone is worth knowing or not.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)