Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 39 Words of Wisdom

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

If you spend the night wrestling with God don't be surprised when you get up in the morning with a permanent limp.

Take a lesson from Jacob! Only through permanently disabling him could God make him totally dependent upon Him for deliverance from the problems that pursued him. (Genesis 32:9-11, 24-25)

(If you would like to read the devotional I wrote about Jacob,including this episode, as part of a series on depression taken from the lives of people from Genesis click here.)

1 comment :

  1. Haven't been able to keep up with reading all my blog friends! Enjoyed my visit here to read about all the shared words of wisdom! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)