Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 46 Words of Wisdom

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

People who are the most grateful are those who have been delivered from a recent adversity.

It seems to me that people who live charmed lives tend to take their blessings for granted and those who have come to an end of suffering see their new circumstances something that they do not wish to take for granted!

Take a lesson from American history. Those who gave thanks had endured several years of great emotional and physical distress in at least two countries (England and The Netherlands), and upon two continents (Europe and North America), and had witnessed the deaths of half of their family and church (which were the same people in this case). These are the people who represent this holiday in this country. Other countries and cultures have their own representative personalities. The Bible itself is full of psalms written by individuals who just could not keep their jubilation under wraps after God had delivered them from certain death and destruction.

At this time last year I had no clue that things inside my body were not working the way they should.  This year I am very thankful for my new perspective on health.  God intervened so that surgery was not necessary but even if it had been I'm grateful for the kind of advances in medicine that would have removed the growth that was causing me such pain.

If you're reading this today I pray that between the feasting and the football you'll spend some time today searching your mind for ways that the Lord has worked the seemingly impossible on your behalf and giving thanks in your heart to Him for the mighty works that He has done!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment :

  1. God is so good and patient with us! So thankful for the His mercies! As both hubby and I are facing surgeries at the beginning of December we are praying that He give the healing that's needed. Thankful, too, for advances in medicine and hopefully they will make a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)