Sunday, December 1, 2013

TAKE TIME: Off!

Source

Do NOT take time off from reading your Bible! As a matter of fact, today would be a good day to begin reading a chapter a day from the book of Proverbs: 31 chapters, 31 days.

But the TAKE TIME schedule is taking some time off.

This is a very busy time of the year. And if you are anything like me you get behind sometimes.

I'm behind. (You've probably noticed that.)

The schedule will resume on December 30 with the book of Song of Solomon.
 (Check the yearly chronological schedule above to see what follows I Kings 11. It will also show that we covered in 47 weeks the equivalent of what Take Ten readers read through June 15th of their Old Testament assignment.)

Remember that the point of reading the Bible is not to be able to check off a task accomplished each day. It is to learn more about Jesus.  Instead of doing a poor job in haste it is my desire to take the time to do a proper job of updating the journal without digging the hole further. After all, this is God's Word and I want to handle it respectfully and with proper meditation.

So there will still be frequent journal updates. And I'll probably show-and-tell more about our recent Peru trip, too.  ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)