Monday, January 5, 2015

TAKE TIME: January 5-10 Assignment

Introduction: The account of David's victories continues. Then comes the account of David's failures. Finally there is an account of David's charge to Solomon and a list of the Levitical responsibilities.

 Assignment:
  • Monday - I Chronicles chapter 20
  • Tuesday - I Chronicles chapter 21
  • Wednesday -  I Chronicles chapter 22
  • Thursday - I Chronicles chapter 23
  • Friday - I Chronicles chapter 24
  • Saturday - I Chronicles chapter 25
Memory Verse

 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man. 
I Chronicles 21:13


Prayer Journal (ACTS)
  • Adoration - Praise God that He is compassionate. The Bible records David's victories but it also records his failures. Yet he was a man after God's own heart because of God's compassion and mercy.
  • Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
  • Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
  • Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.

Search the Scriptures

Look for references for each of the following:
  • Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
  • References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
  • What does this passage teach about Jesus?
  • Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?

Putting the Word into Action

David let down his spiritual guard at times and fell into great sin. It is easy to get complacent. Search your own heart to see if there are areas where you take the promises of God for granted and leave Satan an opportunity for a successful temptation. The slide into sin usually isn't quick and drastic. It is usually a slow progression.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)