Friday, September 25, 2009

Speaking of Birthdays...

Mine is coming up soon. Specifically, my [drum roll] 50th!

My friend, Donna, sent me an email recently reminding me that Barbie also turned 50 this year. And man, doesn't Barbie still look good? But you know what? I'd probably look that good, too, if I had as much plastic in my body as she has in hers.

Donna also sent me a picture of what Barbie would look like today if she had been allowed to age through the years to look like the rest of us who were introduced to the world in 1959.



Yep. That's me!

2 comments :

  1. Gee I'm feeling old!! I'll be a full-fledged senior next month - yup - 65! Almost old enough to be your mom! Just looked at some photos of years ago and can't believe hubby and I were thin once. Oh well, God loves me, my kids love me, my grandkids love me and that's enough for me! Bless you and have a Happy Birthday whenever the day will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I got the same e-mail. I laughed when I saw Barbie! Bet they don't make a doll like that!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)