Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Celebrations That Just Don't Quit!

I haven't blogged much recently, but that isn't because I haven't had anything to blog about. It's because I've had too much to blog about and very little time in which to do it.

The out-of-the-ordinary events:
  • A new granddaughter that we're calling "Lili" on the blogs (although I kinda think of her as "Ladybug" for some reason).
  • Taking food to a couple of new moms and a woman who recently returned home from the hospital following surgery.
  • An evening in a corn maze.
  • A family reunion in another state.
  • Lisa at home for a too short (weekend) visit.
  • My birthday.
  • Pastor Appreciation Sunday.
  • The first couple of weeks of a Bible study that is being held in my home.
  • Proctoring a test for a local adult education student taking online classes from a distant university.
  • Finishing the writing and publication of our family genealogy.  Remember those two books I was writing.  That number is now down to one.  Hallelujah!
  • Following my Cincinnati Reds.  I'm proud of them even if they didn't get any further in the playoffs than they did.  (I'm old enough to remember the ups and downs of the 1970s and the Big Red Machine.  There's still next year!)

All of that on top of the usual stuff which consists of:
  • Teaching 2 classes at a homeschool co-op (Ohio History for the 4th-6th graders and Apologia Physical Science for the 7th-8th graders).  I love it!!!!
  • Teaching my own homeschooled student.  Sure, I love that, too.  :)
  • Still writing a book. . . A more complicated book. . .
  • Political involvement.  Oh yeah, I'm not sitting this one out.  Tea, anyone?
  • Completing the sorting and cleaning of all the nooks and crannies of our house.  Rarely does a charitable organization get a negative response these days when requesting cast-offs.
  • Feeding the Bear: to be repeated almost hourly.  When not feeding him, I'm shopping for things to feed him.
  • Transporting children to and from taekwondo lessons.
  • Diapering, feeding, swinging, and playing ball and/or games with any of my 5 grandchildren whenever possible. 
  • Working in the church office.
  • Keeping the church nursery on Wednesday nights while the children/teen ministeries are being held.
So, as you can see, my days and evenings are full!  I could - and probably should - write a blog on each one of the items on the lists but perhaps some other time.  I do have a funny story that I want to share with you about Sweet Pea's transition to "Big Sister" and how her perception of the event and the reality of it haven't quite been the same thing, but that must wait for another day.  I've got "stuff" that needs completing before bedtime, which seems to be getting earlier and earlier these days!

3 comments :

  1. Never a dull moment! Enjoy to the fullest and savor every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY I made the list :) Glad I was around to experience a few of those events with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now I owe you a Happy Belated Birthday wish! Yeah! It would be nice if we lived close enough together to spend our loots together! :) And to spend lots of other time together as pastor's wives need the encouragement from each other!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)