Sunday, October 17, 2010

Don't Just Give . . .

Clip art copyrighted by Bobbie Peachey,

http://webclipart.about.com


Get!

October is breast cancer awareness month. I've made several donations already toward finding a cure: I've spent money for certain items because retailers announced that part of the proceeds would go toward treatment or research; I've even eaten ice cream just to help raise money for a cure! (It's a sacrifice, but one that I'm willing to make.) :)

After giving a few more dollars to another vendor yesterday, it dawned on me that I haven't done the one thing that I really should do in the fight against breast cancer:

I haven't had a mammogram recently!


I intend to correct that error quickly by calling tomorrow and scheduling an appointment.

And if you're a woman over 40 years of age or a younger woman who comes from a family with a history of breast cancer I strongly urge YOU to schedule your mammogram promptly, too.

It's just one more way you and I can help fight breast cancer!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)