Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just A Reminder . . .

Monday noon is the last day to leave a comment below or here telling me that you're going to send $1 to a rescue mission of your choice in order to be eligible for the drawing. I understand this is a slow economy and that we all desire to remain anonymous, but really people . . . you can't afford a dollar? How hard could it be to put a dollar bill in an envelope, add a stamp, and mail it to the mission of your choice? Leave off the return address and they'll never know it was you! It couldn't be simpler! And yet, it would mean so much.

The Association of Gospel Rescue Missions website (found here) has a clickable map (found here) where you can find missions in your state/province that would love to receive $1 from you!

You'd better act soon, though, because I'm getting very attached to the wooden tile and jar candle! I've purposely not dog-eared this copy of the book but will do so soon if no one responds. The wooden tile with the Bible verse on it could become the perfect addition to my Thanksgiving decor and so could the candle. The book promises to help me make better use of my schedule as I plan for the New Year (which isn't as far away as you might think!) So if you'd like to have these (they'll all be sent to one person) make a commitment to send $1 to an organization who will use it to feed the hungry and tell them the Gospel of Jesus Christ instead of buying yourself that soft drink or candy bar that you don't need anyway.

Now, leave a comment here after the beep. 

BEEP!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)