Saturday, May 19, 2012

Not Too Late to Begin

In the last couple of weeks I've heard several people say that they began reading their Bible in January but got behind somewhere along the way and subsequently quit. May I make a suggestion? Why not begin on June 1st and read the Bible through from June 1, 2012 to May 31, 2013? Nowhere is it written that you must begin a new Bible reading schedule on January 1st.

To make sure you have no excuse I am going to offer private assistance by email to those who want it.  Once a week I will send reminders to anyone who requests it. And to further encourage people to read the Bible - which really is my goal, after all - there are multiple options.

1. The regular 2012 semi-chronological (perhaps best described as "historically contextual") plan modified to begin June 1, 2012 and end May 31, 2013. It includes daily assignments from both Testaments, Old and New. No readings will be scheduled on a Sunday!

2. The 18 month plan. This modified version begins June 1, 2012 and ends December 31, 2013.  The New Testament will not be read until the Old Testament is completed: truly more chronological/contextual! No assigned readings on Sundays!

Here is how this would work:
  • Send me an email (Karabeth6@gmail.com) stating that you would like to receive weekly email reminders and the weekly schedule for the plan you've chosen. You must include your email address (your name is not necessary) and which plan you want to receive (stating Plan 1 or Plan 2 would suffice).
  • Once a week (usually on the weekend) you will receive your email reminder and schedule for the week. Each will have a suggested memory verse for the week.
  • There is no cost to participate but the rewards could be eternal.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)