Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 41 Tuesday

source
Psalm 63
(I was not sure that this is where to insert this psalm because David was in the wilderness of Judah more than once. I know that there is a reference to the "king" so this might be later in his life. Or perhaps he is acknowledging that he is king just because God had anointed him so and was claiming the promise!)

Does this psalm teach anything about Jesus?

  • Jesus used the analogy of gathering and protecting under His wings.


Does this psalm teach anything about yet-future events?

  • David sets no limits on when he will worship God. He is now and will be throughout eternity. 
  • David also mentions the judgment of the wicked.

I Samuel chapter 27

Even though Saul promised not to harass David again, the promise sounded hollow so David went back to live with the Philistines. This time the king of Gath seems thrilled to have David and his garrison of 600 men present.

Does God issue any commands?
  • God does not speak.
Does God make any promises?
  • God does not speak.
Are there any references to Jesus?
  • David was using the enemy's plans of evil for Israel's good much as God, and therefore Jesus, did in scripture.
Are there any references to yet-future events?
  • None that I identified.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)