Monday, October 14, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 41 Monday

source
I Samuel chapter 26

David returned to the wilderness near Ziph which is where Jonathan found him and gave him encouragement in the LORD. Like the men of Keilah, David is betrayed to Saul. And once again, David has an opportunity to take Saul's life but spares him instead. He refused to kill God's anointed.

Does God issue any commands in this chapter?

  • God did not speak.


Does God make any promises?

  • God did not speak.


Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?

  • The LORD will render to every man his righteousness and his faithfulness. David said it. Jesus does it.


Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?

  • Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)