Sunday, October 13, 2013

TAKE TIME: October 14-19, 2013 Reading Schedule

Introduction: The animosity between Saul and David will conclude in our reading this week. Unfortunately, the earthly friendship between Jonathan and David will also come to an end at the same time.

 Assignment:
  • Monday - I Samuel chapter 26
  • Tuesday - Psalm 63; I Samuel chapter 27
  • Wednesday - I Samuel chapter 28 
  • Thursday - I Samuel 29:1-30:8
  • Friday - I Samuel 30:9-31:13
  • Saturday - II Samuel chapter 1


Memory Verse

O God, thou art my God, early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. Psalm 63:1


Prayer Journal (ACTS)
  • Adoration - This week take time each day to praise God for His sovereignty.
  • Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
  • Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
  • Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.


Search the Scriptures

Look for references for each of the following:
  • Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
  • References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
  • What does this passage teach about Jesus?
  • Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?


Putting the Word into Action

The young Amalekite that brought David word of Saul's death thought that David would reward him with worldly riches. He must have been surprised when David had the man put to death! Last week's action was to refrain from character assassination. This week's action is a continuation of that. Let's work on killing ungodly speech again this week. Even if you worked on this last week this trait has an ugly way of resurrecting itself so we need to keep slaying it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)