Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Journal Through the Bible: Week 54 Saturday

source
Hosea 7:1-8:14

God recounts the evils of Israel in general and Ephraim in particular. Their princes would fall by the sword because of their wickedness.
For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. (8:7a)

Does God issue any commands?

  • No, but God said that He had given them the His law but they regarded it as a strange thing which implies they just ignored it and did things their own way.


Does God make any promises?

  • Israel and Judah would be judged for forgetting the Maker and was depending upon fenced cities for protection against their enemies.
  • Israel's calf idol would be broken into pieces.


Does this passage teach anything about Jesus?

  • Israel was to have no others gods but they had made a golden calf in Samaria to worship. There are to be no others worshiped besides Jesus. ("I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6)


Does this passage teach anything about yet-future events?

  • Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)