Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Journal Through the Bible: Week 92 Saturday

source
II Chronicles chapter 2

But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him? (verse 6)

Does God issue any commands?

  • In his appeal to Huram/Hiram, king of Tyre, Solomon rehearsed the commands of God to offer sacrifices at certain times and he told how he was determined to build a house to the LORD for the offering of those sacrifices.


Does God make any promises?

  • God did not speak in this chapter, however, the work that Solomon was endeavoring to begin was one that God had promised David that Solomon could do.


Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?

  • Solomon said that he was building a house for God, the God that cannot be contained in one place. The omnipresent God purposely limited the existence of the 2nd member of the trinity when Jesus came and dwelt among men during His first advent beginning as the baby in Bethlehem.


Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?
Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)