|Faithlife Corporation. “Chariot.”|
Logos Bible Software Factbook 11 Mar. 2015.
Logos Bible Software.
Asa followed his father Abijah on the throne of Judah. The land and its people experienced a 10 year revival under his reign.
Does God issue any commands?
- Following the battle against the Ethiopians God had Azariah the son of Oded meet Asa with a message that said that the LORD was with Asa and his people and would continue to be with them as long as they sought the LORD.
Does God make any promises?
- As God had promised many times, most notably perhaps in the days of Moses and Solomon, He would fight their battles if they trusted Him, obeyed, and called upon Him in prayer. Asa did all these things so God delivered him and the nation from the chariots of the Ethiopians.
- God had also promised peace in the land when the people sought Him. Under Asa and his religious reforms the people and their land were granted 10 years of peace and prosperity. This led to the re-fortification of some of the cities.
- In the message of Azariah God told Asa that if he would be strong his work would be rewarded.
Does this passage teach anything about Jesus?
- Azariah said that for awhile Israel had been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law. Jesus is the true God, He is the teaching Priest, and He is the Law.
Does this passage teach anything about yet-future events
- The time referenced by Azariah when Israel was without the true God, without a teaching priest, and without the law is much like today. One day their Messiah will come the second time as their ruler and they will receive their true God, Priest, and Law.