Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Fever

Click on image to enlarge
The weather was so nice today and I just couldn't stand staying in the house so after the inside chores were completed I headed outside to work in the flower beds. Our yard has several beautiful oak trees but the downside of oaks is that the raking takes place in the autumn and in the Spring. Many of the leaves fall off with the pre-winter storms and the rest get pushed off by new growth the next year. So I did the Spring raking. Need any bags of leaves for your compost bins? See me.

It is important to get the oak leaves off the flower beds because underneath are plants waking up for the new season. Such is the case with these blue hyacinths. The picture is from last year, but I saw the buds for the ones that will be blooming soon, sending their fragrance wafting through the open windows. Mmm. I can't wait!

And in my spring fever mood I decided to play around a bit more with some of the digital elements that I recently downloaded. Vicky and I are going to be at the same conference in a few weeks and she has promised to show me the ropes. But you know how impatient I am. I just couldn't wait to experiment. :)

Happy Spring!

3 comments :

  1. How lovely! Love hyacinths in the garden! They are much too potent a smell for indoors! We had a snow squall this morning, overcast the whole day but now a lovely sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hyacinths are sooo pretty! Great use of the journal element, too! You are going to pick up this digital scrapbooking hobby just fine! I am sooo anxious for spring to get here! We are seeing spring blooms here, too! WOOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Grandma!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)