Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm A Frayed Knot

And so is everyone else that lives in this house.  Our nerves are coming unraveled.
  • We jump every time the phone rings. 
I've never spoken to so many telemarketers, political volunteers, and charitable foundations.
  • We plan our excursions with the utmost care.   
How far are you going?  When will you be back?  Which car are you taking?  Does the car you're leaving in the driveway have enough gas to get Karen and Philip to the hospital?  (We're swapping cars because ours only hold 5 people.  3 people in our family + 3 children from theirs = 1 too many people for either of our vehicles!)
  • We make sure someone, anyone is at the house in case Philip has to drop off the girls in a hurry. 
Pepper not included.
  • We make sure our cellphones are charged at all times. 
Even when I have Karen with me.  The Bear seems to love this new level of accessibility to his mother/food provider.
  • We are feeling extreme pressure.
And we're not even the ones birthing this baby! 


Our stress is nothing compared to Karen's, or Philip's, or Philip's parents who live about 300 miles away in another state so they have my sympathy.

Any day hour now we expect that our newest granddaughter will set events in motion that will signal her  much-anticipated arrival!

Those humorous, nervous sitcom expectant fathers have nothing on us.

1 comment :

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)