Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Quotable Fen

Courtesy of his mother and her cellphone
Posted by Picasa

A two year old can say the cutest things sometimes. The fact that they don't realize they are saying cute things somehow makes them even cuter! Fen has provided us with several such sayings recently.

  • In reply to his other grandma when she asked who he saw at our church's Homecoming service and dinner.
"Well, not Lisa!"
He obviously feels that no homecoming is complete without her. Several us concur.


  • Also to his other grandparents when he was asked what his mother is giving him next year.
"A baby sister."
He wants a baby brother. Go figure!



  • To me when Pastor Dad and I stopped by their house for a moment to drop off a few items.
"Gram!  Dinner is ready!  Come eat!"
I took the accompanying emphatic gestures to mean that he was being very hospitable. I also suspected he might not like what they were having and was willing to donate his own meal. I didn't ask. And I didn't stay either.



  • To me at Karen's one afternoon when I explained my presence to all of the grandchildren by announcing that I had just dropped in "to stir up trouble."
"That's me!!!!!" said with a gesturing pat to his own chest.
No doubt that title sometimes fits him and a few others in the room who shall at this time remain nameless. :)

4 comments :

  1. Grandchildren!! They light up our lives, don't they! Cute little boy!

    I came to your blog from Karin's; I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would certainly be fun to have around for conversation! Very cute and creative comments! Yup, our grands say the cutest things, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a ham! He's so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did we ever do without those grands?! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)