Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday: Grandchildren Fun, Part 1

One day last week a little boy arrived at my house around 8 a.m. expecting his cousins to be there. Was he ever disappointed (and a grouch) when I told him that they wouldn't arrive until mid-afternoon! As the day dragged on, the usual playmate (that would be me) didn't satisfy, and the usual toys didn't either. Notice the rather bored expression below.


Hours passed; life went on; chores were completed. That's when Fen commandeered my empty laundry basket for his own use. Hmm. What can a bored little boy do with his Gram's laundry basket?


Pretend to be a turtle! Sometimes he would poke his head out of his "shell" but most of the time he'd keep everything tucked inside and peak at me through it.


Later, the girls arrived and the fun began! Notice that they are wearing the shirts I made them. Click here to see pictures of the shirts without the owners. I know you can't tell which is which from this photo. Did you correctly guess which girl is Superstar, Sassy, Diva, or Huggable? Here's a clue: that's Sassy holding Huggable.  :)


Miss Diva Sweet Pea had a new birthday bike she was wanting to ride so everyone headed outside to enjoy a beautiful pre-Spring day. All the granchildren had a ride, including Little Lili.  :)

Birthday Girl and birthday bike

A happy Fen riding bikes, er "trike" with his cousins

Big sister Tigger showing little sister Sweet Pea how it's done

Polly is getting too big for the bike she got for her 5th birthday!

Um, Gram? This ride of mine doesn't seem to be taking me anywhere!

Tigger taking the time to help Fen with his ride

Next week I'll post pictures of the rest of the girls' visit.

3 comments :

  1. Awww - so fun to see your grands! Looks like spring has sprung down your way! We still have a blanket of snow here - but it is giving way to the warmth of the sun! Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Can't get over how much Fen looks like his daddy when he was younger!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)