Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday: Grandchildren Fun, Part 2

(Part 1 is found here.)

After everyone finished riding their bikes (or "Freddy," as the original owner of that Little Tikes orange-haired "thing" that Lili was riding - picture can be seen in above link - was named by Lulu many years ago) they went to the backyard to swing and slide before Fen had to leave.

A very laid back Lili

Sweet Pea and Polly swinging

Sweet Pea is big enough to push herself now!

Fen belly surfing on the slide

Tigger getting ready to hit the slide waves

Pepper enjoyed playing outside with the children, too.
The next day it was raining so the girls decided to watch a movie in the morning while curled up in a chair or on the couch with a blanket for each. That's a wooden train track that Fen and I built the day before on the floor below them. They played with it for a while during their visit.


In the afternoon they had a tea party. I wear hats a lot so the girls borrowed some in order to be properly dressed for the occasion. They used my toy china tea set that I got as a Christmas gift many years ago from my own grandparents. I'm happy that I saved it (and that only 1 piece was ever broken and mended) so that my grandchildren can also enjoy it. They gave each other (and me) nicknames, but I won't tell you the given names because it would provide too much information. Instead, I'll just tell the titles they bestowed upon each other.  :)

The Duchess

The Lady

The Princess (I'm sure you're all shocked by this. Every generation has one. Lol!)

And the Guest-of-honor
Their "guest-of-honor" really wasn't too thrilled with the proceedings but she tolerated them as long as we kept her well supplied with food.   :)

I was dubbed the lady in waiting, which was appropriate because that's exactly what I was doing!

The Princess and the Lady having another cup.

Tea set in original box. It has a rainy day theme which was appropriate!
We had a wonderful visit and all were sorry when they had to leave to go to a friend's house so that I could go to church to do my job. Our playtime was over much too soon!

2 comments :

  1. Boy, do I know the "Lady-in-waiting" role! A tea party isn't a tea party without little edibles! Mem

    ReplyDelete
  2. That took me down memory lane! Our girls had mini tea sets like that too! You've got gorgeous grands - but you knew that! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)