Introduction: Everything has a beginning or an origin except God. In the Bible, the beginning book is Genesis. This week we will be reading about the beginning of our universe as created by the eternal God. Notice how in less than one week we go from reading "God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:4, 10, 12, 18, 21, 25, 31) to "God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually and it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." (Genesis 6:5-6)
- Monday - Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Tuesday - Genesis 2:4-3:13
- Wednesday - Genesis 3:14-4:24
- Thursday - Genesis 4:25-5:32
- Friday - Genesis 6:1-7:10
- Saturday - Genesis 7:11-8:19
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7Prayer Journal (ACTS)
- Adoration - Take time to praise God each day for being such an awesome Creator
- Confession - God already knows about each sin but confess any as they come to your mind and ask Him to help you not sin that way again.
- Thanksgiving - Thank God for His beautiful world! Thank Him for the things that you particularly enjoy (for instance, I like looking at the stars).
- Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.
Search the Scriptures
Look for references for each of the following:
- Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
- References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
- What does this passage teach about Jesus?
Putting the Word into Action
God made man to have dominion over the creation (not worship it). What can you do this week to properly care for your home, the people in it, and any animals you have in order to show proper respect to God and the things He put under your jurisdiction?