Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thank You for Reading with Me!

source

Thanks to all of you who have been reading through the Bible with me. Each year we try to add a little something to enhance our understanding of the scripture so that we can . . .
. . . [G]row in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18a 

. . . which is the whole purpose behind reading the Bible in the first place. Thank you for your encouragement, especially this past year when it seemed I struggled to get things posted in a timely manner. Just knowing that there were those who missed it (because you told me so!) kept me going when I faltered.

So guess what? Well, okay, my faithful readers already know because I made the announcement a few weeks ago but I will not be reading through the Bible in the year 2013. (That will be hard for someone - me - who has been doing so since she was a teenager!) 

But you can still read through the Bible in a year if you wish. The updated schedule for 2013 is posted at the tab above. Printed or digital copies are also available upon request. 

Instead of reading through the Bible in 2013, I will be reading shorter daily assignments and keeping notes.

Since I had such difficulties getting the individual book synopses posted regularly I decided not to do that anymore (it would be redundant anyway) and take on another more, um, difficult project.  (No one should ever accuse me of dreaming too small!!! Delusions of grandeur maybe...)

No, since I had so much trouble keeping up with semi-weekly blogging I have decided to do it, uh, DAILY. Some people participate in picture projects 365 (and I enjoy seeing them, by the way) but since I take horrible pictures I have set a goal of posting a Bible Study Journal "almost" 365. (I'll still be taking Sunday off from a prescribed reading schedule, hence the qualifier.)

There will be passage assignments for Monday-Saturday that will appear on the previous weekend. There might be a psalm posted at the blog on Sunday in conjunction with the prior assignment and appropriate devotional material shared intermittently. 

There are 4 things I am seeking in each Bible reading assignment which will appear on my blog journal:
  1. Does God make any promises in this passage? If so, to whom? And do those promises apply to me?
  2. Can reference to Jesus be found within the passage?
  3. Are there any references to future events (In the Millennium [if you are pre-millennial], in Heaven, and/or on the New Earth)
  4. Does God make any commandments in this passage? If so, to whom? And do those commandments apply to me?
This study will begin on January 7, 2013 and run until . . . I've completed reading the Bible! In the meantime there are a few things I wish to blog about in the time intervening (the next segment of Blind Love and Blessings, for instance) and perhaps you can use the days between Dec 31, 2012 and Jan 7, 2013 to finish this past year's reading Schedule. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)