Thursday, November 6, 2008

Am I Crazy?

I heard you!!!!! Guess that means we're done now. Catch you again in a few days.

Just kidding.

Of course I'm crazy. Certifiable, in fact. And for good reason.
  1. As an only child I spent much of my formative years talking to myself.
  2. I'm married. That means I've spent the last 30 years talking to myself. Just kidding. I wanted to see your reaction when you read that, honey.
  3. I married a man who was already in the ministry when we married. Now, this is probably the craziest thing I've ever done. I feel sorry for those women who married architects, doctors, or lawyers only to have their husbands experience the call of God and go into full-time ministry. That wasn't me. I signed on willingly. That should've been reason enough to have me committed years ago.
  4. I had 4 kids! Enough said.
  5. And I homeschool(ed) them. Poor kids! They got the same old mean teacher every year. And I got the same trouble-makers in my class year after year. Their ages are spaced out in such a way that I would not have an empty nest for a long time, I will have home-schooled for 27 years from start-to-finish (with no 401k!), and about the time I train excellent baby-sitters they decide to leave to start their own families. On the flip-side, I've never had more than 2 teenagers living with me at any one time. Child #1 turned 20 exactly one week before Child #3 had her 13th birthday. How's that for planning?!
  6. I'm schizophrenic. Not really. But writing in this blog sure makes me feel that way. The real reason our names remain anonymous isn't to protect the innocent (like kids and grandkids), but to protect the guilty (namely me) from being removed from polite society or our church. This venue is where I choose to talk to myself. It was quite a shock to find out anyone besides my husband and two oldest children was reading it! I don't act (or talk aloud) like this most of the time. The way I deal with reality is either to laugh or to cry. I found that I like laughing a whole lot better.
  7. I believe the Bible to be true and I believe in a literal 6 day creation by Divine Intelligence, namely God, as per the book of Genesis. So, yes, Sarah Palin and I have a lot in common, except that I never entered any beauty contests, lived in Alaska, went to college in Hawaii, hunted, or a host of other things. But since the media thought she was crazy for her creationist beliefs I guess that applies to me as well.
  8. Before I walked to the computer to type this post I warmed up some chicken noodle soup for the Bear and me to eat for lunch. I told him, "I'll be right back. Eat what you want of it and I'll eat the left-over when I return." Guess what I'm having for lunch? A pb and j sandwich. Forget what I said in #3 above about the craziest thing I've done to date.
**A word of warning: Not only am I crazy, but I am now crazy and armed with a camera of my very own! (Thanks to all of you who sent money for my birthday!)



Here is a picture of the only thing in this house crazier than I am and the only living thing that doesn't run away when it sees the camera coming. It is Pepper the Devil Dog. The fire in her eyes is not from the demon trying to get out, or at least I don't think it is, but because I took about 10 pictures before I got one of her that was farther away than 10 inches from the camera. She was the one moving closer, not I!

4 comments :

  1. I quite enjoy your conversational style of writing! Ok, so your names are anonymous, but is that picture of you the real thing? You sure look normal to me! Being a pastor's wife is a high calling. Living in a fish bowl is not for the timid. You've home schooled 27 years! Wow, I'm impressed. I hope you received your Ph.D. in homeschooling. Also, you may be very surprised when some of your computer savvy sheep from HIS pasture, find you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is really us.

    My youngest child is in the 8th grade so I guess right now I'm in the 23rd year. I could be considered Dr. Mom? Wow! I know that I always seem to learn something new each time I teach a subject all over again. Algebra is so much easier the 5th time around!

    Yes, some of the sheep have found me. As long as I don't end up being the one that is fleeced everything will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I know I'm crazy too. I talk to myself, believe what you believe, AND I have conversations with the dogs. I know they can't talk back, but in my head they do. See what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing out loud! :)

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)