Thursday, November 13, 2008

That Was Then. This Is Now

SUBTITLE:


Pooh Revisited



When we last viewed pictures of the Princess and the Bear frolicking among the Winnie the Pooh characters in the Hundred Acre Wood, they were 7 years and approximately 1 month old respectively. Someone alerted me to the fact that another member of the family is connected with Pooh these days. That would be Fergie. (You do remember Princess Fergie of Great Britain, right? Well, this is not THAT Fergie.)

Meet the Princess's Fergie, not Princess Fergie. She used to live with us until the Princess married and took her dog, Pepper's playmate, with her. (Fergie always did a wonderful job of keeping Pepper in line, even though Pepper is 10 times Fergie's weight. A "Puppy Play date" is scheduled for tomorrow to reacquaint the doggy cousins.)




Fergie used to have long hair. Said hair got unruly so she went to the beauty parlor for a bath and grooming.


She is part chihuahua and part terrier. The little scrapper once looked more like her terrier kin than her chihuahua ones. it was a bit of a shock to actually find a chihuahua body under all that hair!

Someone used to have a picture from her long-haired days on their blog, but I couldn't find it tonight. I'm not even sure who it was. Senior moment, folks. They are coming more often these days.

We used to jokingly call the puppy pair "Shaggy and Scooby."

The groomer tied a Pooh bandanna around Shaggy's, er, Fergie's neck. The Princess held her in an attempt to get a good picture of it. No such luck. Fergie was not in a Glamour Shots mood. She seemed a bit too humiliated to even have her picture taken at all.



Even Bear spent a few moments trying to get the pup to cooperate.



I finally managed to get a blurry shot of the bandanna. A bouncing Tigger seems appropriate for both dog and character.

It has gotten quite chilly here in our neck of the woods. I wonder if Fergie questions why they took her hair and gave her an inadequate blanket in its place. I also wonder if Pepper will recognize her little buddy tomorrow. Guess I'll find out then. I promise not to make this a saga. :)

3 comments :

  1. Fergie is coming? I KNOW her!

    yso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your puppy play date! I'm sure pepper will be excited (as if she isn't 99% of the time anyway). Poor George misses his little playdates with Vicky's dogs. Instead, he just has his 3stupid doggy siblings to play with all the time. What a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Fergie is cute!! :) Winnie The Pooh has taken over our blogs!!! LOL!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)