Saturday, November 22, 2008

Really? I HATE playing this game!

I couldn't resist. Pastor Dad came upstairs this morning and asked me if I had taken the quiz that Lou had on her blog. I told him that last night I was too tired to take quizzes more complicated than "How long have I been sitting on my backside today?" Or "How far have I ridden in a car the last 2 days?"

He told me what board game he is and I thought I'd better take the quiz so that I can engage in polite conversation with the rest of my family, all of whom seem to have already taken the quiz. Here are my results:




You Are Chess



You are brilliant and shrewd. You can often predict what people will do in the future.

You thrive in complex situations. You deal with contradictions well.

You can have many streams of though going on at your mind at once. You keep track of things well.

You are very patient. You have lots of endurance, even when your energy dwindles


I hear all my family laughing right about now.

Predict future events? Thrive in complex situations? Well, I am a wife and mother and pastor's wife. Enough said.

The contradictions are usually in my own head. Good thing I can deal well with them. :)

The endurance when energy dwindles? Well, if you've read the two previous posts I guess we "could" conclude that if this isn't a bull's eye it is at least in the neighborhood of being on target.

Not sure I can keep track of things well, although I have been known to find items (like keys) that others in the family were supposed to be keeping track of well. Not going to name any names here. YOU know who you are! And there are several of you!

But if any of you (and I don't care who you are or how much I love you) challenge me to a game of chess you are likely to get the board and pieces thrown at you. So much for that part about patience!

2 comments :

  1. [b]You Are Checkers[/b]

    [img]http://www.blogthingsimages.com/whatboardgameareyouquiz/checkers.jpg[/img]

    You are very logical and rational. You are able to understand what is and isn't a factor.
    You're able to compartmentalize and focus on the essentials.
    You appreciate simplicity. You can see the layers of complexity and beauty in anything.
    You are also playful and good natured. You don't take life too seriously!

    [url=http://www.blogthings.com/whatboardgameareyouquiz/]What Board Game Are You?[/url]
    I'm checkers.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEE? I WANNA BE CHECKERS, TOO, AND NOT THAT OTHER GAME!

    I'm extremely jealous, Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)