Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Stand Sit Corrected

Yikes! Major family faux pas!

I said earlier that my "baby" turned 14 years old today. That this just isn't true. My "youngest" turned 14 today. The "baby" turns 21 in three more weeks. :)

Here's a photo (yes from his memory book) of the Bear and the ladies in his life when he was just a little cub still in the hospital.


Here he is on his first birthday. He had developed quite a love for "tractors" by that time. He walked at the age of 8 months so if by chance he got out of sight of all of us we'd just look out on the riding lawnmower. He was sure to be there. And he was also always wearing those little Winnie-the-Pooh sandals. He loved them, too. He was quite OCD then about some things.



We were just discussing this "baby" stuff today. The Princess absolutely, positively was not knocked out of her position as the baby of the family when her little brother was born even though she was the ripe old age of 7.

Please forgive me, Princess. My mistake. :)

4 comments :

  1. "Quite OCD then"?

    Yeah, I'm not sure "then" is the correct word in that sentence. :)

    And I'm not even going to comment on that first picture. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had the same situation with our children. Our son is the youngest, but our middle daughter was my 'baby', but now an awesome strong woman - a mother of four herself. Our son almost had first born rank because he is the first born male. Our oldest was 9 years when he came along and was almost like a mom to him. She loves both her siblings so much and yet she 'clings'(for lack of a better term) to her younger sister. Go figure! Interesting all our family dynamics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe! kind of reminds me of when my dad yelled out my little sister's nickname at her basketball game in elementary school...she was SO embarrased! i'll spare her more embarrasment by keeping that nickname a secret ;)

    by the way, i posted a fun blogging award for you on my blog - check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the days of when Bear was born! I remember Mom and I bringing a pie by your house (I'm sure it didn't stick around long in that household).

    I also remember discussing with the Princess her new baby brother, and desperately wishing I had one of my own. In reality I had one all along with my cousin Nathan.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)