Monday, May 18, 2009

Retreat!

I’ve been retreating. That doesn’t mean that I’ve been running away from an enemy – although in some ways it could apply - or that I’ve been away on a mini-vacation known as a retreat – although, again, I did send Pastor Dad on one last week which could mean that I myself got a mini vacation, too. Just kidding! Really!

No, I stayed at home and took a break from my normal routine. That’s why you haven’t heard anything from me lately. After that exhausting 3-weeks-in-1 ordeal I decided to do things a bit differently while Pastor Dad was in Cleveland, OH for the conference at Parkside, Alistair Begg’s church. I was exhausted and in need of some R & R.

Even so, last week was one of much activity. Lulu painted one of the bathrooms (the one that the previous owner sponge painted to look like a hippy’s tie-dyed shirt). Yeah, I know we’ve lived here for almost 10 years. That just shows how much I hate to paint! Lulu did a fantastic job of making this little powder room off the family room and guest bedroom look more like a sophisticated space with its classic grayish-blue walls and gorgeous glossy white trim.

I’ve spent my time reading, resting, praying, and finishing some projects that had been laid aside until such a time as I could find chunks of time to complete them. Things like, oh, gardening, editing and indexing my book (do you know anyone of German ancestry from the Trippstadt area with the surname Jung in their lineage?), and finishing up some DAR work in anticipation of turning over my files to the next sucker officer.

I hope you’ve had some restful and productive days, too. I look forward to sharing some time together. Yes, in my absence I neither wrote my own blog posts nor read many of yours. I can’t wait to see what you’ve been doing in my absence!

2 comments :

  1. Glad you are back. Missed you.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back! However, yes, I got too busy there for awhile and got behind on posting my Project 365, too! I was making the pages, just didn't get them posted! Anyway, it's good to be back (basically, anyway!)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)