Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Pastor Dad!

Today is my husband's birthday! Woot! Woot!

Some things have changed through the years:

  • He doesn't buy his clothes in the children's department like he did when we were younger, but then, neither does his teenaged son!
  • He doesn't go toe-to-toe with small children anymore, unless he chooses to take on one of his grandchildren in those rare moments of tantrum throwing. Why bother? God gave each one of them parents of their own to handle the hi jinks. Sit back and enjoy the show!
  • I don't love him like I did when we first met, either. But then, that's because I love him so much more now than I ever imagined possible way back when!

Have a great birthday, honey! You've earned it!

And rest up because those same grandchildren are coming this evening to help you celebrate. And they're bringing their parents, too. :)

2 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby, the Pastor Dad! God's abundant blessings for a fabulous day and more exciting adventures with the Lord in the coming year. Have a fabulous week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet post and for the party. I enjoy being in my 30's now.*

    Love,
    Pastor Dad


    P.S. *My life did not really begin until I met you :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)