Saturday, July 24, 2010

Change Can Sometimes Be Painful

I love rearranging furniture to fit a mood or function. Small changes can make a big difference! Sometimes worn out things find themselves in the trash (like the swivel rocker that surprised more than one guest by flipping over backward with the occupant).

I've only seen my rearranging efforts backfire once. Several years ago, the family cat went blind and I wasn't aware of that fact. She still maneuvered through our house with ease except for the occasional bump on the head when the dishwasher door was open. And she still caught mice.

All was well until the day I rearranged the living room furniture. The poor feline launched herself into the air expecting to land on a plump couch cushion. Instead, she bounced off the hard shelves of my knick-knack cabinet. Change was definitely painful for our kitty but she soon learned where to find her way to the couch again. And she soon got over losing her favorite swivel chair when it was sent curbside.

I'm currently making some changes here on the blog, too. Hopefully, nothing so painful that you stop dropping by for a visit. But if you hit your head on a hard shelf instead of a comfy couch cushion, metaphorically speaking, I hope you will realize that there is a purpose behind these changes other than just hormonal mood-swings (which should be reason enough, I'll admit).

My blind cat learned to adapt to changes and I trust that all of us will also. I promise that most of the comfortable things will still be here. And I'll try not to make the process too painful for any of us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)