Friday, July 23, 2010

Change in the Air

Nothing ever remains the same. That goes for blogs, too.

I've struggled mightily to get one week's worth of vacation from a month ago down in print and so far we've only gotten halfway. I'm not sure I can even remember the details now.

I've struggled in other ways, too. Specifically, with my thoughts and feelings.

One of those feelings is redundancy. Most things that are reported here are mimicked in other blogs with which I am connected through relationships or friendship with the writers. I think I want to go back to letting them tell our mutual stories.

Another feeling is the aloneness that comes from forced anonymity. I don't publish my name because there are people to protect, both the children and others who wish to retain their privacy. This is getting harder to do. I'm very fearful that something I (or others!) say will give ample opportunity to connect the dots.

Therefore, this blog is undergoing change. Our pictures have been removed from the sidebar. The email address is no longer published. Comments will now be moderated.

Some things will not change. The Bible reading schedule will go on. I intend to still post devotional material and genealogical hints. These are pretty much the things with which I am most familiar.

Those of you who know me by name can contact me on Facebook. As troublesome as it is, the fact that I'm not anonymous there is somewhat refreshing.

1 comment :

  1. So proud of him and glad we got to be there today (and for most of his other promotions too, I think)! And look how much he's grown in just 5 years! (sniff)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)