Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ministry MATTERS

Are you a Christian who feels like you should be doing more to help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ but you don't know where to begin?

Do you feel that you'd do something if you only had more time, energy, and money, or fewer commitments, debts, and people draining your resources?

Yeah, me too.

I've been praying about this. I have the desire to do more for my Lord and have been taking inventory of the resources I have at hand. I don't have much, but I do have this blog. I think that it is time for it to start earning its keep and I don't mean by monetizing for my own personal gain.

What would happen if we teamed up and combined our efforts through this blog?

I'd like to adopt a ministry each month and challenge us (that's you and me together) to pledge a bit of money to it. It doesn't need to be great amounts of money because what YOU give and what I give will be combined to what the LORD gives and we already know about his ability to multiply resources like loaves and fishes. Imagine what He can do with a bit of pocket change!

Here are the rules of participation:
  1. I'll pick a ministry on the first Monday of each month.
  2. You leave me a comment stating that you will be sending $$ (minimum donation is $1) to that ministry.
  3. I will pledge $1 to the designated ministry for each person who leaves a comment naming their pledge, with my own pledge limited to $100 a month. (100 comments = $100 given by Karabeth Baptist Homeschool to that month's Ministry MATTERS recipient, 25 comments = $25 given by KBH, etc.)
  4. Each person who leaves a pledge (limit 1 pledge per person, not per household) will be entered in a drawing for an appropriate gift as a reward for participating. The winner will be randomly selected at noon Eastern Standard Time (or EDST) on the last Monday of each month.
  5. I will not be collecting the pledges or checking with the recipient to see if you paid. If you neglect to pay your pledge you will answer to God, but not to me. All pledges are to be mailed directly to the named ministry.

I hope you'll prayerfully consider participating.

I'll see you next Monday with our first Ministry MATTERS recipient!

1 comment :

  1. This sounds very interesting! How did you come up with this idea? You are just so creative all the way around, if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)