Monday, December 13, 2010

Coming Soon: "Take Ten" Bible Reading Plan 2011

Take Ten in '10 is almost over! It has been a blessed year for me as I've spent time with the Lord in His Word, and knowing that some of you have been reading along with me has encouraged me greatly. I hope that everyone has made plans to read the Bible through again in 2011.

So, what reading schedule will I be following next year? Well, I've been working on that very concept. There are so many good plans out there, but once again, I have developed my own. I've kept some of the features that I like so much:
  • No scheduled Sunday reading so that I can use the day as a "catch up" time if necessary.
  • The New Testament combined with Psalms and Proverbs; ending the year and the busy holiday season in Psalms.
But I've also changed things a bit. Reading the Bible through in a year takes about 10 minutes a day no matter what plan one follows so changing the name to "Take Eleven in '11" isn't helpful. I've decided to mix things up in other reasonable ways:
  • The Old Testament books will be read in a "somewhat" chronological order. This means that Genesis and II Kings will have interruptions in them so that Job and the prophetic books can be inserted. I & II Chronicles will appear in the schedule toward the end of the year as these books were written after the Jews returned from exile.
  • Instead of a separate post each Saturday announcing that week's reading schedule the whole year's schedule will appear at once on a separate page. The tab for this will be at the top of the blog (under the blog name) and remain all year. This will be available soon.
Now is the time to find the Bible reading plan that fits your lifestyle. Feel free to read along with me as we cover the Old Testament chronologically. Whether or not you use my plan, I pray that you'll make the commitment today to "Take Ten" minutes each day to read your Bible through in 2011!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)